Studio Creative Play provides:
- community and creativity-based programming centered on the holistic nurturing of the young child and their parents/caregivers.
- a comprehensive creative-expression curriculum.
- dedicated and expert relationship-based guidance in art and education.
- theme-oriented, multi-faceted creative play sessions.
- special event series.
- early childhood creative play enrichment guidance for parents.
- documentation of the creative process.
- a spacious, inspiring, and versatile play-space.
- a program structured towards the convenience of parent and child.
Studio Creative Play offers a comprehensive program, educating and entertaining children and parents without evaluations in process. Instead of being goal oriented, the program is grounded in experience, allowing projects and activities to organically evolve from the flow of ideas and natural interaction. Whatever a child absorbs or learns during their Studio experience becomes a positive contribution to their holistic growth and helps the parent understand and facilitate their own child's creative process.
Creative play with the active encouragement and participation from the parent maximizes the benefits to a child's emotional, social, spiritual, and cognitive development. As parents, no other engagement of activity is as important and as effective as this direct form of presence and nurturing.
At the Studio, parents are encouraged by teachers to be focused foremost on the children, assisting them in their exploration and using the language offered through the Studio's guidance to grow their child's playful and imaginative experience.
At Studio Creative Play documentation of art and expression are key components to the experience. Creative portfolios exist as tools and records for the parent, teacher, and child to revisit the various stages of the child's creative development.
Because the Studio strongly emphasizes documentation of the creative play experience, photography, tape recording, and videotaping are a regular part of the program.
© copyright 2008 Studio Creative Play